ORB-113 Destiny Blade Gundam (AKA 113 Blade) is a close combat type mobile suit, and is one of the newly made, one of a kind Mobile Suits belonging to Orb. It is also one of the main suits used in the Cosmic Era roleplay in the Regalia Realms site. It is piloted by Orb Co-Ordinator, Yamato Ichikawa.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Destiny Blade Gundam (better known as Blade Gundam) is one of the most powerful close-quarters Mobile Suits ever built in the Cosmic Era, and was designed and built by Orb. It is specially equipped and tuned for use of its pilot, and was designed by Yamato himself. In terms of attack power and speed, it surpasses most mobile suits and its overall agility is often commended as well. The suit has an optional pack, the IWSP, for a more fearsome assault role, and is often placed on the front line of battle due to its melee capabilities.
"Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel Anti-Air CIWS
Mounted on the Blade's head are two "Igelstellung" 75mm multi-barrel CIWS. These light projectile weapons are used to intercept missiles and destroy lightly armored vehicles.
MMI-714 "Arondight" Anti-Ship blade
Stored on the right rack of the Blade just behind the wing is the Blade's primary, right hand weapon. The MMI-714 Arondight foldable Anti-Ship blade is wielded on the Blade's right arm, and is a large physical blade with a beam emitter along the cutting edge. It is normally used against larger targets. However, as it is the Blade's main weapon, it sees extensive use against any kind of enemy. It is dual wielded along with the Schwert Gewehr.
"Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m Anti-Ship blade
On the left rack behind the wing, the "Schwert Gewehr" 15.78m Anti-Ship blade is stored. It is the Blade's left hand weapon, as the suit dual wields the two blades. Like the Arondight, the Schwert Gewehr is a large, physical blade with a beam emitter along the cutting edge, and can easily cleave an enemy mobile suit in two. It is commonly used against ships and can also be found on the Sword Striker pack.
Stored on the hips of the Blade is a pair of standard issue beam sabers, and is often used like a double pronged claw, with both sabers being held between the fingers of the Blade's right hand. It can cut through virtually anything without an anti-beam coating.
MX2351 "Solidus Fulgor" Beam Shield Generators
The Blade is equipped with a pair of beam shield generators on each arm, with the left hand generator hidden underneath the "Panzer Eizen" Rocket Anchor. It creates a powerful beam shield, capable of defending itself from virtually any attacks.
"Panzer Eizen" Rocket Anchor
Mounted on the left hand of the Blade and hiding the left hand's beam shield generator is the "Panzer Eizen" Rocket Anchor, which is built into the shield of the Blade. It is a grappling claw on the front of the shield that can be used to catch an enemy and bring them into the Blade's attacking range. This weapon can also be found on the Sword Striker pack.
"Midas Messer" Beam Boomerang
Stored on the Blade's left shoulder is a single "Midas Messer" beam boomerang. This throwing weapon uses the physics of a boomerang to return to the thrower of the suit, often catching enemies from behind.
MMI-X340 "Palma Fiocina" Palm Beam Cannons
On each palm of the Blade is a beam cannon that releases high powered energy discharges that are capable of destroying the "Slayer Whip" Heat Rods of the ZGMF-X2000 GOUF Ignited and break through the powerful Phase Shift Armor of most mobile suits. It is mostly used as a close combat weapon.
The Destiny Blade has the option to switch out its backpack for the fearsome IWSP for more of a heavy assault role. In this configuration, it loses its Wings of Light [below], and its mobility is decreased slightly. It also loses the "Arondight" and "Schwert Gewehr" anti-ship swords as well as the "Panzer Eizen" rocket anchor. In exchange, it gains the following weapons:
- 115mm Railgun x2
- 105mm Cannon x2
- 9.1m Anti-Ship Sword x2
- Shield with inbuilt 30mm 6-barrel gatling gun and an additional "Midas Messer" Beam boomerang
The ORB-113 Destiny Blade uses the Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assault Module complex operating system and as such uses a Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactor as its power supply.
- Wings of Light
- Phase Shift Armor
- Radar Jammer
- Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactor
The Destiny Blade has not been deployed as of now, as it's design is still incomplete (following the Regalia Realms RP timeline)
- The Destiny Blade's design is from the GAT-X105+AQM/E-X02 Sword Strike Gundam and the ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam , as depicted by the name.
- The number 113 is based on the number 13, which is mostly depicted as bad luck, and also happens to be Yamato's favourite number.
- The number 113 also has a close relation to 117, which is the Spartan tag of Master Chief (John-117) from the well renowned Halo franchise
- The number 113 also has a close relation to Spartan Tag of this page's author's Spartan III OC, Samuel-013
- The Destiny Blade's crest displays the text "ORB-113 Tredici", which means thirteen in Italian and is a reference to the suit's series number
- The suit's Phase Shift colours are specially for night time stealth/space missions and the suit equipped with radar jammers specifically for that. However, it is ironic that the red colour of the suit's "stomach" shows up at night even though it is meant for stealth.
- The Destiny Blade's "dual claw" beam saber technique is similar to GPB-X80 Beginning Gundam and the GPB-X80-30F Beginning 30 Gundam 's normal beam saber technique.
- The "Schwert Gewehr"s name means "Gun Sword", which is a reference to the weapon's original purpose, which is to double as a Laser/Beam Rifle, but as the Blade uses the same type of Schwert Gewehr as the Sword Strike (Prototype), it does not have this feature.