What's an Administrator?
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded files, but cannot undelete them.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki. They are not currently able to remove admin access from any user. Please contact one of the community staff if you need this done.
How do I use administrator powers?
See the administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
- Special:Blockip - block a username or IP address
- Special:Deletedcontributions - access a deleted page's history
- Special:Userrights - modify user rights (e.g. rollback, sysop privileges)
List of Administrators
Current Administration Biographies
|Another Poetic Spartan||Administrated July 14, 2010||Another Poetic Spartan, commonly called "APS", is a bureaucrat of the Gundam Fan Fiction Wikia.|
|DarkGhostMikel||Administrated July 1st, 2011||DarkGhostMikel, commonly called "Dark", is the creator of the Emerald Chronicles series of fan fictions. He has considerable knowledge of the Gundam Universe, and has been a Gundam fan since the age of seven.|
|Echo 1125||Administrated July 11, 2010||Echo 1125 is a bureaucrat of the Gundam Fan Fiction Wikia.|
|Wingstrike||Administrated March 22nd, 2013||Wingstrike, or Wing for short, is the creator of Mobile Suit Storm Gundam, possibly the first spin-off on the site to exist in an entirely new timeline. He acts as a rapid response to vandalism after calmly beating the life out of a pesky anon with a keyboard and is seen occasionally fixing up other people's pages because he's such a nice guy.|
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.