GN (Gundam Nucleus) Drive Zero is the main power-plant of Moonlight Chariot and powerful energy system that designed to give a mobile suit a significant advantage in combat.
Description & Characteristics
A GN Drive Zero is a semi-perpetual generator, scaled for installation in a mobile suit, which harnesses the by products of Photon Reactor as an energy source. Like every other power source, a GN Drive has a limited moment-by-moment output; however due to its Photon Reactor, it was allow GN Drive Zero giving the unlimited period of time and endurance combat of time.
Within the context of mobile suit combat, it affords a unit the benefit of an inexhaustible power supply. The non-existent heat signature of its internal processes, combined with the GN Particle emissions, give any unit with a GN Drive Zero a potent mix of stealth and ECM characteristics; neither the GN Drive Zero nor any thruster emissions can be seen by infrared sensors and the GN Particles scatter radar and disrupt long range communications.
- The flywheel system is a system of funnels that spin throughout the GN Drive Zero. They absorb the photons within the GN drive power plant by spinning the funnels inwards and spewing GN Particles through the vent of the GN Drive Zero outward. Thus creating a high propulsion system.
- GN Generation Furnace
- One of the core components of a GN Drive Zero, the GN Generation Furnace harnesses energy to produce GN Particles.
- Stability Control
- The Stability Control is the "brain" of a GN Drive Zero, regulating the Drive's output. It is likely where the software and mechanisms for GN Repose, Trans-Am itself and the GN drive burst mode are to be found. This is also the likely location of the Black Box, as it could be reasonably assumed that it would always stay with the GN Drive.
- Topological Defect (TD) Blanket
- This requirement means a TD Blanket takes considerable time and resources to develop, and it's absence in the GN Drive Tau and GN-X-Drive design is the reason they can be mass-produced. The topological defect can release an unlimited amount of GN Particles over time.
- The TD Blanket module is the special key component used in the five GN Drives. Its true nature is unclear other than that it is the key to an infinite source of energy, similar to a carburetor. What is known, however, is that a GN Drive is unable to harness topological defects for energy without a TD Blanket.
- note: The TD Blanket is also known as "TR Plunket". In two different schematics of a GN Drive, one version clearly labels it as "TD Blanket", while another clearly says "TR Plunket".
|TV Series (Anime)||
Mobile Suit Gundam FATE － Mobile Suit Gundam FATE II | Mobile Suit Gundam Specialist | Mobile Suit Gundam Nightmare | Mobile Suit Gundam Blood Warfare | Mobile Suit Gundam Dark Future | Gundam Build Fighters Energy － Link Battle － New Link | Gundam Build Fighters Extreme | Gundam Build Fighters Destiny | Gundam Build Fighters Eternity | Gundam Build Fighters Divine | Gundam Build Fighters Forever | Gundam Build Fighters Survive | Gundam Build Fighters Genesis
|Films & OVAs|
|Books & Side Stories|
|Vehicles & Support Units|
|Affiliations / Nations and Factions|
|Universe||Diamond Era | Downfall Age | Nightmare Time | Dystopian Time | Blood Century|